Seems to me the biggest obstacle we will face in re-storing the Constitution is the near 50% of the population like the cute lil' tyke above.
If and when we put the federal government in the place it is to occupy according to the Constitution, there will be growing pains.
When the entitled class has their blankey and pacey taken away and are made to walk while the stroller is put away, there will be outrage.
In addition, the assumption that the wealth we have taken for granted for so long will continue to appear as if by magic, the thing that has allowed the number one goal of life to have become continual mellow chillin' out and the pursuit of non-stop pleasure, is something firmly embedded in our culture.
So many are "non-political" because "it doesn't matter," and because...well...it's not fun.
Responsibility for what we enjoy belongs to others, not ourselves.
As long as we have ipods, x-boxes, booze and our yoga mats everything's cool.
Besides, if you want to make a better world, recycle and eat tofu. Everyone knows that!
And these babies have the vote.
Having said that though, we can't give up.
The pundits are coming out with plans to move forward, including:
Dick Morris and Eileen McGann:
1) Restore the Medicare cuts mandated in this bill.
2. Defeat the Democrats in the 2010 election!
3. Defund. Once we get the majority in both chambers, defund appropriations for the Obamacare program.
4. Repeal. And, once we defeat Barack Obama, we need to proceed to repeal this disastrous plan before it can ruin our health care system.
1. Know and teach America's core values.
2. Recognize that we are fighting the left, not liberals.
3. Democrats should be referred to as Social Democrats.
4. Work tirelessly to repeal the bill.
5. Our motto: "The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen."
6. Do not let other matters distract.
7. Acknowledge that we are in a non-violent civil war.
That last on his list seems very important to me. It's no longer disagreements over a few points of conflict. THIS IS A WAR, plain and simple. That is what the Communist revolutionaries that schooled Der Messiah and that he has packed his White House with believe. To pretend it is not a war is to welcome destruction. He elaborates:
I write the words "civil war" with an ache in my heart. But we are in one.
Thank God this civil war is non-violent. But the fact is that the left and the rest of the country share almost no values. The American value system and the leftist value system are irreconcilable. If the left wins, America's values lose. If American values prevail, the left loses.
After Sunday's vote, for the first time in American history, one could no longer confidently believe that the American system will prevail. And if we don't fight for it, we don't deserve it.