Thursday, November 06, 2008

IF YOU HAVE TO LAY PEOPLE OFF....
Fellow Business Executives:

As the CFO of this business that employees 140 people, I have resigned
myself to the fact that Barrack Obama will be our next President, and that
our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that the Clients will have to
see an increase in our fees to them of about 8% but since we cannot
increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our economy, we will
have to lay off six of our employees instead.


This has really been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family
here and I didn't know how to choose who will have to go. You know I'm a
fair man so this is what I did.

I strolled thru our parking lot and found 6 Obama bumper stickers on our
employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the first to be laid
off. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem.

These folks wanted change so I gave it to them. I'm sure the new
administration will support me in this decision.

If you have a better idea, please let me know.

Sincerely,
(enter your employer's name here)

No comments: