Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE.

Yes, I said, "those people." I am sickened and embarrassed by the degenerate, hateful lowlifes protesting Prop 8 in California. Now I know how decent Muslim people feel watching hordes of murderous scumbags speak in their name. It sucks. But what can I do? All I can think is to speak out against it and disassociate myself from anyone that thinks that this is stuff is justified. Since that includes the most of the crowd at the most of gay bars, I suppose I've already done that. More or less. Maybe I should restate that- the crowd in the bars are either supportive or indifferent. To me that's just as bad. What was the AIDS rallying cry? Oh yeah, "silence equals death." Maybe its time to reapply it. Is there a national organization that can counter this madness? Log Cabin doesn't seem to be saying much. They should be aggressively getting into the news to denounce this, but I sure don't hear much. Wouldn't want to offend anyone.....

One reason it's so difficult to organize a conservative voice in the "gay community" (as much as I dislike that phrase) is because gay conservatives aren't obsessively focused on their sexuality like the mainstream "gay community" is. In addition, their world is bigger than their sex organs. Go figure. They focus on larger issues relating to the larger good. You know, something other than self-obsession. Yes, yes, I know, "all men are pigs" and think about sex all the time. True or not, we are talking about degrees of scale here.

Here I need to give a shout out to the awesome Gay Patriot. They are a lot nicer about things there than I am here. They are more professional and better at cool argument too, whereas I'm more like, "this is the way it is and if you don't like it, kiss my damn ass" lol. There is an excellent post on gay marriage there, if you care to read something on this issue from gay people who are not completely nuts.

I should say, for the record, that I KNOW beyond all shadow of a doubt that I was made by God to have a loving, committed relationship with another man. I have not a shred of shame in that. It's a gift, like all that we have been given by God is a gift, whether or not it makes life easier or more difficult. His wisdom is beyond question.

But marriage? I've posted on this. All I care about is domestic partnership. A sizable minority of conservatives support this and a majority of Americans. A majority of Americans do not support "marriage." They have consistently voted against it. That's democracy. You don't live with democracy only when it goes your way and then chuck it. Unless of course, you're a cultural Marxist

We are talking about thousands of years of tradition and, as marriage only became a civil issue in the 20th century, previously having only been a religious one, opponents understandably see it as legislating religion. Funny, it's evil for City Hall to put up a manger scene at Christmas but it's just fine to amend the damn constitution to force a change of religious beliefs. What the hell.

I think, big deal about the word. It's a word, for Christ's sake! What I care about are things like not being barred from visiting a terminally ill man that I may have committed myself to. I don't have to be seen as the same - real committed love between two people is the same regardless of a couples orientation, in that love that deep partakes of God. That is where marriage really takes place. I know. I had the extreme blessing to have experienced that. But to say that man+man = man+woman is completely untrue. Possibility of babies? Different anatomy? A+A=A+B? Please review your elementary school math books.

Look at the retarded b.s. that came out of radical feminism's denial of any difference between the genders. Sure men and women are equal. But they are different as well. Similarly, love between a man and man, and that between a man and woman are equal. But they are different as well. It's fantasy to pretend otherwise. I for one find it a better world for having such difference.

(Huh. Ya know, come to think of it, isn't "diversity" s'posed to be a holy word in the doctrine of the fundamentalist leftist religion?)

Instead, it's a battle about wanting to be called the same when for years all the gay "world" has done is go on and on about how friggin unique and different they are with different rules that "you straight people wouldn't understand." "It's a gay thing."

Check out what happened to a group of Christians in San Francisco (whether or not you consider them "real" Christians or support their ideas) , found at Michelle Malkin:

...Then, they started throwing hot coffee, soda and alcohol on us and spitting (and maybe even peeing) on us. Then, a group of guys surrounded us with whistles, and blasted them inches away from our ears continually. Then, they started getting violent and started shoving us. At one point a man tried to steal one of our Bibles. Chrisdene noticed, so she walked up to him and said “Hey, that’s not yours, can you please give it back?”. He responded by hitting her on the head with the Bible, shoving her to the ground, and kicking her.

...Roger got death threats. As the leader of our group, people looked him in the eyes and said “I am going to kill you.”, and they were serious. A cop heard one of them, and confronted him.

...They were touching and grabbing me, and trying to shove things in my butt, and even trying to take off my pants - basically trying to molest me. I used one hand to hold my pants up, while I used the other arm to hold one of the girls. The guys huddled around all the girls, and protected them.


Oh. Those protesters just wanted to be loved like everyone else! It's all about love!
Funny, it looks a lot like hatred to me. That's it in a nutshell: welcome to the left, 2008.

Thank you, dip-shits, for setting hetero-homo relations back 20 years. People who had no problem with same-sex folks and people who were unsure, will now make up their minds that all people like myself are beneath contempt. Like a decent Muslim does, I'll understand where the animosity is coming from the next time someone tells me to go to hell.

UPDATE: Gay Patriot has some good points:

...while those in the MSM were eager (based on a few isolated incidents) to find angry outbursts on the right, they all but ignore it when it comes from a non-conservatives groups.

And while Republicans (and conservatives) routinely denounced such excess, I have yet to see heads of gay organizations denouncing the extremism at the anti-8 rallies. Indeed, some seem to encourage it by calling their adversaries haters. To be sure, organizers of this past weekend’s rallies did encourage participants to “to avoid signs that single out a particular religious or ethnic group,” saying, “We must continue to garner support for our movement through positive and peaceful messages.”

I commend them for discouraging ad hominems and encouraging peaceful protest....

I criticize the rallies because they paint a pretty pathetic picture of the gay community, of citizens who refuse to accept the results of a popular initiative. Instead of community leaders saying, “We accept this loss; we failed to get our message across, we’ll do better next time,” they organize in the streets.




No comments: