Friday, April 30, 2010

WHAT IS NORMAL?

Some people have red hair. Most don't. So that's not normal.

Who the hell collects stamps these days? Some do. That's not normal.

I don't drive and I use oil lamps to light my apt. at night. Most don't. That's not normal.

Most people were made by God to be attracted to the opposite sex. Some aren't. That's not normal.

Are all of these things NORMAL for the individual? Absolutely.

Are they NORMAL for society at large. Not at all.

But living in reality is now a hate crime. Look at what just happened in the mirror of our future, England:

The Conservatives today suspended a parliamentary candidate who said homosexuality was "not normal behaviour".

A Tory spokeswoman said the comments by Philip Lardner, the party’s candidate for North Ayrshire and Arran, were "deeply offensive and unacceptable".

They acted after comments posted by Lardner on his website (pdf) were brought to their attention. Under the heading ‘What I believe in’, Lardner said: "Homosexuality is not ‘normal behaviour.’" (Guardian)


Garsh. I am deeply offended too- the fact that some have the GALL to point out that most people were made by God to be attracted to the opposite sex, instead of the way that He made me, offends my burning need, as an insane narcissist, to insist that we all pretend reality is otherwise.

When people tell me that the world is not a mirror of my own, individual self, yes, I am deeply offended!

Haters.

I know it's old, but this image of truly, heart-felt pain at the oppression of others somehow fits (f-bomb warning). It's not normal.



No comments: