Saturday, April 17, 2010


AN ATHEIST CHAMPION OF CHRISTIANITY

I have seen more and more of S.E. Cupp the last year or so, and the more I do, the more I love her.

Had no idea she was an atheist or that she had just written, “Losing Our Religion: The Liberal Media’s Attack on Christianity.”

She might not agree but MAN does The Lord ever work in mysterious ways! Who woulda thought?

She was interviewed about her book at Newsmax:

Cupp maintains in her book “Losing Our Religion” that the mainstream media in America are openly hostile toward Christianity. She explains why:
“I think the media is socially secular and increasingly so, and I think the judgment and the morality inherent in Christianity or any religious system is really threatening to a secularist movement like the media. If the media can go on unjudged, I think that makes them fairly happy.” ...

Personally, I think it's just a natural reaction of the darkness railing against the light (or maybe the water of life):

"Melting! Melting! What a world...what a world!"

But I digress. She goes on to say:

The “worst offenders” include be Salon.com, Cupp says. “CNN is pretty bad. The New York Times is pretty bad only because of the clout and influence that paper has. You would expect them to be a bit more responsible. MSNBC is terrible. Some of the talking heads there like Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews — these guys really have it out for Christianity.”

Asked why Cupp, as an atheist, would write a book so strongly defending Christianity, she said: “I am an atheist but I’m not one of those militant atheists. I simply don’t believe. I envy the faithful. I’ve always defended religious freedom. I’m grateful for mine and I’m grateful for everyone else’s.

“I defend especially Christianity in this country because it seems to be under attack, and I’m bothered by the idea that the media has taken a side in this fight. I’m really bothered as a writer, as a member of the press, that the Fourth Estate has become so openly hostile to 80 percent of the country. This is a huge majority. And 90 percent of the country believes in God.

“To go after a majority like this means they’re really not a representative media. They don’t deserve to be called mainstream.”

Catch her on Red Eye on Fox sometime. Woman ROCKS.

No comments: