Friday, April 09, 2010

Ugh! Where's a bulldozer and an asphalt truck when you need 'em?

NEWSFLASH: PEOPLE DON'T LIKE TO BE PUSHED AROUND!

Greg Gutfeld
has a predictably hil-freakin-areous rant about a new Rasmussen poll:

According to the poll, 65 percent of Americans say they won’t make major lifestyle changes to help the environment....

The reason why Americans are less likely to make said changes isn’t because they don’t care about the earth – it’s that they just don’t care for the propagandists who browbeated them into caring about the earth.

So whose fault is that? Well, it’s Gore’s, and every single man-made global warming apostle out there. By abandoning reasoned debate found in just about every major scientific arena, and instead embracing media friendly, self righteous hysteria – they became a noxious mixture of Chicken Little and Mrs. Kravitz.

You know, from Bewitched.

And of course, they got cocky and fudged their data.

Fact is, most Americans do care about the earth, but they can smell BS a mile away.

And yeah, I’m referring to Barbra Streisand.

(Check it out for the really funny parts, here.)

I started collecting old oil lamps for my apartment lately. The lighting is beautiful and its relaxing. I like it. But even better, those lamps leave a larger carbon footprint than those harsh, mercury filled, ugly-light bulbs we are going to all have to buy in a few years when the incandescent supply runs out. So they make me smile every time I light them as well. Perfect.

Don't TELL me what I can and can't buy and for sure don't jack me around for some made up environmental crisis. Jerks.

You wanna reduce CO2? Stop breathing.

When faced with an un-hinged eco-moonbat preaching at me about my horrible sin of using more than two sheets of TP or something, I just reflect back on this scene from John Waters' "Desperate Living" and start laughing:

WHY DID YOU TELL ME TO COME THIS WAY, GRIZELDA?

YOU KNOW I HATE NATURE.

LOOK AT THOSE DISGUSTING TREES-
STEALING MY OXYGEN!

OH, I CAN'T STAND THIS SCENERY
ANOTHER MINUTE.

ALL NATURAL FORESTS SHOULD BE TURNED INTO
HOUSING DEVELOPMENTS.

I WANT CEMENT COVERING EVERY BLADE
OF GRASS IN THIS NATION.

DON'T WE TAXPAYERS
HAVE A VOICE ANYMORE?

No comments: