Thursday, April 23, 2009

GAY BLOGGER VICIOUSLY ATTACKED BY CONSERVATIVES!

Just kidding. From the excellent Gay Patriot:

I just returned from a most wonderful evening. Along with two other blog readers and a banquet hall filled with Hollywood conservatives and libertarians, I celebrated the seventieth birthday of David Horowitz....

I had the same sort of experience I have pretty much every time I come out as a gay man to conservatives, so what? You know the opposite experience I get when I come out to a good number of gay liberals as a conservatives.

After the dinner, over drinks with Ann Coulter, a few people did make a joke or two at my expense, but then, well, we were all making jokes at everyone else’s expense. This was the first time I had seen Ann since she attended the Federalist Society’s 1994 Annual Symposium at the University of Virginia, an event which I directed. And while I’ve criticized her from time to time on the blog, in person, she is as funny, gregarious and friendly as she was the last time I saw her.

She definitely has as a presence and is witty even without prepared notes or a teleprompter to guide her. And while she doesn’t mince words (which made the conversation all the more enjoyable), she does listen. And listen very well. In fact, that was the quality I found most remarkable about her. While she was clearly the “star” among the group who retreated with her to the bar after the event, she didn’t hog the limelight, let other people speak and add addressed their points in her responses.

She better bone up on her gay-hating techniques! How will people know she is so eeeevil?

No comments: