But they're STILL all MURDERERS!
(Sorry bout that, I was channeling Jane Fonda there for a minute)
You know, the nutty demonization going on the last few years is so rampant that I'm tempted to just yawn and move on to the next story. Yeah, I know. All Republicans, Libertarians and Christians are racist, Nazi's, want to kill people and they grind up little children to sprinkle on their Cocoa Krispies every morning. I know. I KNOW. Shut up already.
But its still important to remember just how prevalent this is and where its coming from.
That part-time census worker, found dead in a tree a few months back? The government/media complex was on message.
The walking dead gone outa their tree:
- The Democratic Underground quickly posted a ‘Handy Guide to how Republicans and Fox News are responsible for Census worker being hanged'.
- Rachel Maddow suggested Sparkman was killed simply because ‘he was a federal employee'.
- Liberal bloggers were quick to accuse ‘right wing zealots' trying to ‘take their country back.
- Time chalked it up to government distrust, a sentiment fanned by ‘talk media, tea parties and white-hot town-hall meetings'.
- The Huffington Post immediately assumed this was a case of right-wing paranoia.
- True/Slant opined that the body of Sparkman should be shipped to Glenn Beck.
- Think Progress pointed the finger at Michelle Bachman and her ‘inflammatory and fear-mongering rhetoric against the Census'.
- New York Magazine linked the death to that of ‘some wide-eyed, hysterical woman' named Michelle Bachman. (The irony in this is that the reference to a wide-eyed, hysterical woman was made in an article mentioning Nancy Pelosi).
Problem is, it was suicide.
But tea partiers STILL EAT LITTLE CHILDRENS! BWAAAAA!
We know. We know.
UPDATE: Today, the AP has more. Apparantly it was an insurance scam suicide. So what do they have to say aftet they and the rest of the government media staturated the new that he was murdered by eeeeevil tea party people?
Anti-government sentiment was initially one possibility in the death.