MENTAL ILLNESS DETECTION TEST
It can save you a lot of time and aggravation when you are able to detect the severely mentally imbalanced before wasting your time with them.
It's one reason that I have a twice life size portrait of Sarah Palin in my living room. It's like a nut-bag detector that sets them off all a- beepin' and a- twitchin' at the very sight of her. Then I can calmly walk them to the door.
Morgan Freeberg at Right Wing News has noticed a few things about these poor, suffering people. Among them:
1. They've achieved a great deal less in life than she has, even though some are quite a bit older than she is.
2. They don't want to be called "haters," although their reaction to her is purely negative and purely emotional; I'm left groping for another word and "bashers," far from being a perfect fit, ends up being the least-unsuitable.
4. Whatever they have to say about Palin's lack of competence or intellectual acumen, is felt, not thought. It invariably relies, not on observations, but on perceptions of what others are going to do. Nobody truly owns this.
6. They breathe hard and their pulse quickens. I haven't run into too many people who are ready to calmly explain Sarah Palin's lack of qualifications.
11. They seem to have an awful lot of ego invested in these discussions, like if they cannot convince ALL reading or listening that Palin is a dimbulb, right here & right now, that this failing will somehow diminish them as a person.
12. They aren't at all willing to say women should be staying home raising their kids; but they're perfectly willing to say Palin should be staying home raising her kids.
13. They are loud, eager to get their opinion on the record, to the point of being obnoxious. Nobody seems to be sitting in a corner anywhere quietly thinking to himself "Wow I wish Palin would go away she's so unqualified."
15. The standard they apply to Sarah Palin is not just higher than the standard they apply to others; it is surreal. Speculation on false pregnancies, burning books, forcing rape victims to pay for their own examinations, months and years after being thoroughly debunked, is somehow considered residually damning against her.
22. They're ready, willing and able to quickly concede that the attacks on Palin have been "unfair"; but their opinions about Palin appear to have been decided entirely by these unfair attacks. How's this work exactly?