Thursday, September 24, 2009


"I'm using my awesome psychic powers to peer DEEPinside your heart and I see......RACISM!"

ALWAYS THOUGHT THIS GUYS MUSIC SUCKED....

....but I figured that was just my opinion, different bites for different likes, you know, and that was that. I like Texas Country. Kevin Fowler rocks my world. Dave Matthews doesn't move me.

Now it turns out that Matthews himself is a friggin' idiot. From the Daily Gut:

When the (CNN) asked whether the singer agreed with Jimmy Carter, who said America is rife with racism, Matthews said, quote, “Of course it is! I found there’s a fairly blatant racism in America that’s already there, and I don’t think I noticed it when I lived here as a kid. …There’s a good population of people in this country that are terrified of the president only because he’s black, even if they don’t say it. And I think a lot of them, behind closed doors, do say it.”

Okay – let me get this straight. The entertainer sees “blatant” racism everywhere – yet describes it as unsaid – and behind closed doors!

Which means, it’s not blatant at all! It’s invisible, like oxygen – yet Matthews can see it!

Amazing.

Look, it’s got to be awesome to possess an ability to detect bigotry in people who show no signs of it.

Now I know what always bugged me about his music: IT'S PHONY AS HELL.

And BTW, Bob Wills is STILL the king.

No comments: