Friday, May 22, 2009

ANOTHER GREAT STORY ABOUT DISCOVERING SANITY AFTER A LIFE OF MADNESS

I love these because I can so identify. From American Thinker:

So what do you do when you realize that everything you've ever thought and believed no longer worked for you? Where do you go when the bubble of progressive politics bursts in your face and you're left in the leftist place on earth? It seems that the choices are as follows: either you cling to your beliefs even more zealously and attack anyone who dares to disagree. Or, if you're like me, you embark on a journey of discovery and recovery.

...
how hard it was, how disorienting and destabilizing and crazy making it was, when I realized about 1 1/2 years ago that I no longer believed in liberalism. I walked around in a confused state for weeks. Being a Democrat, a liberal, a far left radical from Berkeley was a big part of my identity. So who the heck was I if I weren't a leftist? And what in the world would I do, given that my husband, all my friends, and all my psychotherapist clients were liberal and I would be public enemy #1 if I told anyone? ...

She started educating herself and

To my disbelief, the more I listened and read, the more these folks made sense.

The rest is here. She and I and many others that were once completely deluded, unhinged loons prove that no one is beyond hope.

No comments: