Friday, January 29, 2010

RATIONAL THOUGHT IS A HATE CRIME. HATER!

John Hawkins interviews comedian Evan Sayet at Right Wing News, and he talks about his wake-up call. The same happened to me and I am sure many more. As disheartening as it is to see the number of liberals that went the opposite direction, it's better to look at those of us that woke the hell up:

Although you're a comedian, you're best known among conservatives for a couple of absolutely brilliant speeches you gave at Heritage about the nature of liberalism (See them here and here). How did you get such a full understanding of liberalism? Why do you think so many other conservatives don't fully understand it?

Well, first of all, it's very unpleasant to recognize that you're dealing with people for whom rational thought is a hate crime. It's just something that we're not supposed to think about them.

I would much rather not believe what I know about them. I mean it's important to know it but, I wish it weren't true. You know, I didn’t really need to understand the philosophical underpinnings of liberalism. I don't think there's really a need to know why they support evil, failure and wrong, just the reality that they do.

...What surprised me was my liberal friends' response: The idea that we deserved it, that it was something that we did that provoked it. That it was in the President's mentor's words, "The chickens coming home to roost." And the idea that the way to prevent further such horrors was to be nicer to the terrorists -- this was insane....


You know that is really it in a nutshell- when dealing with liberals you have to realize that you are dealing with people that see "rational thought as a hate crime."

No comments: